Does anyone reading this need an excuse to get a massage? Mostly because after reading up on massages I realize I need to venture out of my comfort zone a little and take advantage of them more often!
I am sure most of you reading this know that there are benefits of getting a massage. My question to you is, have you ever had one?
There is a wide array of feelings about getting a massage. If you are one for a massage anytime then you know exactly what I am talking about with the benefits. But, what if you are a person who is uncomfortable with someone touching you or the idea is just uncomfortable?
Well, I hope to help put those thoughts at ease and encourage you to try this pampering therapy idea once, or maybe twice!
Let's first start with some benefits of massage therapy. Here are the top 10 reasons, and you will find a printable list of 25 reasons on how massage therapy can be restorative, healing, and good for you! Hang with me, it's a long list!
- Improves circulation- this helps loosen the muscles and tendons, allows blood flow throughout the body and in turn helps reduce fatigue and pain management
- Reduces pain- therapy is great for working out problem areas like lower back pain and chronic stiffness. A professional therapist will be able to accurately target the source of your pain and help achieve the perfect massage regimen.
- Reduces stress- this can be with just taking an hour to relax and be pampered or even a day at the spa with some close friends focusing on relaxing!
- Eliminates toxins- help to release toxins through your blood and lymphatic systems by stimulating the soft tissues of the body.
- Improves flexibility- helps your body reach it's full range of motion potential by relaxing and loosening the muscles.
- Improves sleep- relaxing your muscles and boosting your mood promotes more restful sleep
- Enhances immunity- recharges the bodies natural defense system by stimulating the lymph nodes.
- Reduces fatigue- because it boosts your mood and is great at relaxing you for better sleep, you feel less worn out at the end of your days.
- Reduce post-surgery and post-injury swelling- this is a safe way to deal with healing of a sports injury or rehabilitation of post-surgery.
- Alleviate depression and anxiety- massage helps release endorphins (the feel good stuff) in your body which helps you feel energized, happy, and at ease!
This is the short list of benefits that is provided from massage. I am pretty sure, if you are a human being, that at least one of the items on this list could serve you well with a massage. Here's a printable list of 25 reasons to get a massage is so beneficial!
I remember my first massage. I wasn't sure if I really wanted it because I had some insecurities and I wasn't sure about having someone touch me. The young woman that gave me my first massage, compliments of my husband, was way better than I thought. I was so glad I allowed myself to be pampered. I also remember the how I felt afterwards. It was a little strange and I almost felt light headed and "weird" when I got in my car to drive home. I felt really good though, and very relaxed and could've taken a nap right there.
I discovered later that it was the toxins in my body being released. I had never felt that before! If I had written off massage right then and there I would've been at such a deficit. I highly recommend talking advantage of asking questions pre and post massage with your therapist if and when you have an opportunity to get a massage.
The more that I have read and talked about massage therapy and sports massage therapy, I have realized the HUGE benefits it can provide people. Most get massage to help with medical related problems or injury and stress.
So another question for you, why not try some massage therapy as self care? Did you know that massage therapy can sometimes be covered by your insurance? Check with your primary care physician or insurance to see what is covered.
So, what are you waiting for?! Make it a goal at the start of the year and try out some massage for some self care time for yourself! I hope you will try out a massage if you never have or inspire you to get one soon!
Be sure to join me in our Anything Mama Co. Community Group on FaceBook!
Try out our line of Shea butter and botanical lotion warmed up for an at home massage therapy!